Inventory Unit Detail
2009 Kawasaki LE650A VERSYS
This is a nice clean bike, easy to ride and very fuel efficient. It has an EFI 650 2-cylinder motor that rung great. Thank you for looking this unit, please contact us today with any questions. Sportsman’s Corner is a family owned business, we appreciate your business. We’ve been a Honda dealer for over 30 years and Can Am dealer for 5 years. Our inventory changes daily sometimes, please contact us for the most current availability and price. When available factory to dealer rebates on new units are included in the web price and may change or expire at the end of the month. We have financing available (with approved credit) and trades are welcome on most models.
649cc Parallel Twin-cylinder, DOHC Engine
- Most compact engine in its category, helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes it short from front to back
- Semi-dry sump oil system reduces overall engine height
- The narrow pitch of the chrome composite plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width
- Tuned to deliver smooth, responsive power in the low-to mid-rpm range for exceptional roll-on response – ideal in negotiating city traffic
- 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft smoothes engine pulses
- Oil jets on the connecting rod big ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling
- Muffler with 3-way catalyzer and bullettip opening is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization
- Keeps engine temperatures consistent for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
- Coolant is routed through the engine cases reducing the number of external hoses
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
- Utilizes 38mm Keihin throttle bodies with ECU controlled sub throttle valves for optimum performance and rideability
- Sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, give the DFI system a more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy
- Precise fuel injection and exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) System
- Microprocessor controlled timing never requires adjustment and is ultra responsive to engine needs
- Spark plug mounted “stick” ignition coils are compact and help reduce weight
- Cassette style transmission with the shafts and shift drum in a compact layout that is easily removed as a single unit from the case for easier maintenance
High Tensile Steel Trellis Frame
- Trellis frame is small and light and Narrow at the knees and feet for increased rider comfort and control
- Designed using 3-dimensional computer analysis to achieve the optimum stiffness balance for better handling
Single Shock Rear Suspension
- Aluminum gull-wing swingarm and offset, laydown single rear shock complement the frame design via an integrated line flowing from the steering head to the rear hub
- Short, compact frame and engine design allows the swingarm to be longer, which helps improve overall handling
- Showa shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping and uses a free piston and two-stage damping valves for smooth action during initial compression that becomes much firmer near the end of the stroke for a more planted feel
- 41mm Inverted fork with stiff springs combines the best of dual sport and sportbike-type suspensions, to deliver excellent performance over a wide range of conditions
- Tapered, relatively short outer tubes help provide the ideal stiffness balance to compliment chassis settings
- Fork height, preload and rebound damping can all be adjusted to fine-tune the suspension to specific conditions or riding styles
Petal Style Brake Discs
- Braking duties handled by dual 300mm front petal discs with two-piston calipers and a single 220mm rear petal disc with a single-piston caliper
- Same rotor design as found on the Ninja supersport machines, petal design rotors offer improved cooling and warp resistance
- Also found on the Ninja ZX™-6R and ZX-10R; the six-spoke design requires much less material between spokes so that the rim thickness is thinner and overall wheel weight is reduced
- Each part of the two-piece seat was designed with a different thickness and firmness of foam to optimize comfort for both rider and passenger
- Passenger seat and grab bars were designed to provide a natural seating position for added comfort
- Easy-to-read instrument panel has a large analog tachometer and digital readout for the speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, dual trip meters and clock. White LED backlighting provides increased visibility at night
- Three different settings, each 20mm apart, allows riders to set the windscreen height to suit their preferences
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, parallel twin
- Displacement: 649 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Maximum Torque: 44.9 lb/ft @6,800 rpm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fuel Injection: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 25°/4.3 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 160/60-17
- Wheelbase: 55.7
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Single offset laydown shock with adjustable rebound and spring preload / 5.7 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake Type: Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Seat Height: 33.1
- Curb Weight: 454.1 lbs.
- Overall length: 83.7 in.
- Overall width: 33.1 in.
- Overall height: 51.8 in.
- Color: Candy Plasma Blue, Candy Lime Green
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, parallel twin
- 649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital fuel injection with two 38 mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic telescopic fork with adjustable rebound and preload; Travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Single offset laydown shock with adjustable rebound and spring preload; Travel: 5.7 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300 mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 454.1 lbs
- Final Drive
- O-Ring Chain
- Candy Plasma Blue, Candy Lime Green
- Standard: 12 months; Optional: Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months